Pages

04 December 2010

Packaged Beauty


My in-laws returned from a trip to Japan and brought us exotic treasures. Naturally there were the oddities like wasabi Kit-Kat bars (seriously), but then ... oh my.

I can hardly stand how gorgeous this set of chopsticks is. By themselves they are stunning, but the packaging is superb.

And a box of Japanese chocolates? Yes, please! I wish you could feel the texture of the paper this box is wrapped in. It's so rich and textured it feels almost as though it were fabric.

The presentation of these items make them all the more lovely to me. I think the chocolates certainly will taste better because they've resided in such a beautiful box. And the chopsticks? Oh yes, I'm determined to learn to use them properly now.

I think I'll go practice right now. On some chocolates ...