Pages

06 February 2012

A Stack of New Towels and Happy Thoughts


Tomorrow we celebrate our anniversary. Fourteen years. And if we count those sweet courting days, we mark 20 years together. Twenty! What a unique joy to already have so much history with each other.

After some frank discussions about the state of our bath linens, we decided it was truly time for some new towels! Bath towels that are fourteen years old, ripped, frayed, and dingy as all get-out? Mmmhmm. New white towels are a celebratory luxury indeed.

With a twinkle and a smirk, Pops told me he feels like a king using these new towels. And I love that about him.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! And so awesome about the towels (we have talked about this subject before, I remember!). I'm so happy you finally have new, fluffy, no-long-strings, no-hole towels!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I have a great love for white towels and linens. Those are beautiful. My white towels are all quite yellow and sad!! We just had our 13th....maybe next year we'll spring for new towels!

    Thanks for your encouragement on the blog. It meant a lot and when we get that coffee date in (Which I hope is soon!!) I'd love to hear some more of your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! We're planning to buy a new couch in a few weeks for our 12th anniversary. The one we currently have is saggy with holes and spit-up -- we've had it 6 years too many!

    Congratulations on 14 blessed years. God's grace is abundant, is it not?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! And enjoy those towels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!! I love soft, fluffy new towels! I think I need to add some bleach to my next load, but I'm afraid it won't be enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love new linens! And as usual, your photographing of these domestic delights is impeccable.

    ReplyDelete