Pages

10 June 2015

Our Next Adventure: Provence

Here it is, friends, here it is. In two months we say goodbye to Normandy and hello to a new adventure. Next stop? A little Provençal village called Uzès in an apartment located next to a Pizzeria. A Pizzeria! There is a car park close by where we will stash our car, only to be used for specific trips. We will be able to walk everywhere ... school, the market, church, cafés, shops ... and I am thrilled about this. I've always needed a car to do life and I can't wait for this completely new experience.

I do confess, I am already dreading the impending packing and figuring process that will get us there, but it will happen. Miraculously, it always does.

I took a scouting trip back in March to visit schools, sign lease agreements, and get a "feel" for everything. It felt good. And God has been so amazing in the process. Including giving us an email-to-real-life relationship with a precious, gracious, wonderful, retired Christian couple in the area who offered themselves as friends, translators, and even hosts while I visited.

That's it's own story. Truly.

Jane's school is about a 3 minute walk from the apartment. Love. It had a very warm atmosphere and it's proximity to our home is a direct answer to prayer. I feel very hopeful.

 And look at these little winding pedestrian roads to get there. I was charmed.

 And of course, right next to the school is a Duchy. Naturally. (Picks jaw off of the cobblestones.)

Peter and Lucette's school is a bit farther, but a completely doable bike-ride. I'd say 15-20 minutes walking, 5-7 minutes on bike. We'll have to figure out some bikes. But either way, it is still close enough for a quick trip home for lunch. (It's France. We have 2 hours for lunch.) I'm really happy about this.

I'm also happy about the fact that even though the older two are at a separate building/school from Jane, both schools are much smaller than what we've done this year. That approachability is greatly desired. Yet another thing on our prayer list.

Uzès is also known to have a killer outdoor market, twice a week, all year-round.

And it takes about 4 minutes to walk there from the apartment. I'm a little out of my mind about this.

And even though this photo is from pre-spring March, you can see how gorgeous the surrounding countryside is. Village life with the country at the back door. It kind of sounds too good to be true.

I'm really excited to share about this, especially because I've been feeling rather down and homesick lately. Also, still trudging through some diagnostics with my headache/health situation. It's easy to feel like I'm "ready to be done" ... even though I'm really not. Just going through these photos is a reminder of all of God's provisions and to just enjoy the ride.

Like all life-seasons, it'll be over before I know it and I'll be remembering nostalgically about these very days I'm in. Good things can be tough and tough things can be good.

In the meantime, there is life to be lived and enjoyed and entrusted unto Him. Okay then. Off we go...

12 comments:

  1. I just fell in love with Uzes. In under 5 minutes. It looks lovely. I'm so glad that God has provided so many of the things on your 'wish list'. Wish we could help you move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, the photos! Dreamy. Is that Jane's school, St. Anne's?
    The five of you, in an apartment? Is it a large one, I hope? Well, actually, with such a movement toward small homes, I suppose it doesn't matter for a happy family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is Jane's school. Isn't it charming? And the apartment is a 3 bedroom apartment and it will be cozy ... but it has a great layout ... and we do like each other! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow you truly are living the dream. Such a wonderfully historic place to live too - look forward to following more of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. I can hardly believe it myself!

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited for you!! I would love minimal driving! I can't wait to follow this part of your adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've chosen a beautiful town to live in. We love it! And yes, a great market!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've chosen a beautiful town to live in. We love it! And yes, a great market!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any tips? Must do/see? It is such a charming town, indeed.

      Delete
  7. What a gorgeous red door! All the best for your new adventures - I'm thrilled that God has provided everything on your list :)

    ReplyDelete