Pages

11 August 2012

Strength for Today and Bright Hope for Tomorrow



 My grandfather's service was this week. It was hard, as these things are, but so very good, as well. His was a life transformed by and devoted to Christ. What a legacy for us to inherit. What motivation to move us forward.

I spoke at his service. It was not planned ... by me, anyways. But the day before, I had a pressing from the Lord. With trepidation, I decided I was willing. Willing if the Lord did the work. If He gave me words and if it was with purpose. He did, and I believe it was.

I was very emotional, but emboldened. Never before have I spoke with such conviction and strength. I can say that, because it was the Lord at work. Truly. And it is my prayer that His truth stirs hearts towards Him. No better way to honor my grandfather.

"If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says, “ Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for “ Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Romans 10:9-13

6 comments:

  1. A fitting way to honor your grandfather and your heavenly Father. These words of grace that you spoke... there is nothing more comforting or more full of hope. May God use them to stir the hearts of many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO beautiful Anna. I'm sure it was a hard day and yet the joy, knowing with FULL assurance that you will see him again. Been thinking about you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the slideshow. Such a handsome young man and I love the pic of L hugging him near the end- sniff. I'm so happy you took that opportunity to speak, I think that is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great opportunity to honour your Grandfather and the Lord, I am so glad you took it and got blessed by doing it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you honored your grandfather both here and at the funeral. My new to Christianity stepdaughter will enjoy this verse as I have.

    Are you on Twitter? If so, please follow me so I can follow you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna, what a beautiful remembrance of your grandfather. Bless you all as you continue to adjust to life without him here on this earth. I so enjoyed seeing this slide show and was so touched by life making its wends and circles. All those family resemblances, all that love. Praying for God's peace and comfort for your family.

    ReplyDelete