08 July 2014
What We Think We Will Miss
Today we were talking about how there are many things we are looking forward to about being in France, but there are bound to be plenty that we miss about the States. It's only natural, no? I anticipate that we won't even know what some of them are until we've actually expatriated ourselves, but we did come up with a few "little things" we are pretty sure we will miss:
• Peanut butter. Why is this such an American thing? It's so good!
• Family and friends. This is super obvious and not "little," but it still made the list.
• Trampoline. No explanation needed.
• Snacking. Love to hate it. Snacking is so fun, but it is mindless. I'm actually excited to try a more French meal-based version of intentional eating ... over grazing.
And the #1 little thing we expect to miss:
• Gobs of books. We are massive regulars at our library, as we could never afford our book habit otherwise. I am hopeful that our Kindles will help in this area, but the luxury of walking into a giant building packed with free books ... in English ... that's something we will definitely miss!
* What else do you think we'll miss?
**The photo above was taken at our stay in the watchtower in Florence. Don't you love how the books are positioned in rainbow order?