Pages

15 October 2010

Little Pots of Pumpkin

In a recent conversation with a friend, we were gushing over our love for the fall season and all things pumpkin. Naturally, pumpkin pie had to be discussed at length.

At one point, I mentioned that I didn't even care about the crust that much, I just loved the pumpkin filling. To which she replied that she sometimes doesn't even make a crust, just whips up the filling and bakes it in the pie plate on it's own. Brilliant!

Now we all know, pumpkin pie filling has to be the easiest filling ever. Just some can-opening, spice adding, and lots of mixing. So that very afternoon, I pulled out my beloved Ikea ramekins and filled them up with a batch of pumpkin goodness.

Place on cookie pan (in case they bubble over) and bake for allotted time (maybe a smidge less). After dinner that night, you'll have little pumpkin pies to hand out to the family! Isn't that fun?

**Jane wants to remind everyone that it is even better if you squirt a little whipped cream on top, "cause we always have some leftover from bible study nights!")

11 comments:

  1. oh how I love this idea. I'm not a huge fan on the crust either and I love any excuse to use ramekins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane and I think alike. I was about to suggest a spot of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made your pumpkin date cookies earlier this week....a huge huge hit with everyone that ate them :). Thank you! I'm gonna have to try this pumpkin recipe too :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fantastic! We love pumpkin and it would be lovely to be able to prepare something sweet and pumpkin-y without all the extra work.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made the same dessert tonight, and tell Jane, I used fresh whipping cream with vanilla and cinnamon in it.... fantastic, sprinkled with candied pecans... so fancy and so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so excited about your pumpkin pots I went straight to the kitchen to prep the ramekins. While in the midst of pulling them out, in walks my dear husband from a trip to Costco with? A pumpkin pie the size of a bus wheel! Perhaps we are on the same wavelength nonetheless. Happy fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sometimes see recipes for pumpkin dip for graham crackers or gingersnaps. I love a quick fix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I'm officially making this tomorrow. Offically. On. The. Record.

    ReplyDelete