Pages

06 October 2010

Ushering in The Season of Pumpkin

Oh, Fall. How I love thee. You bring me sunny crisp days, golden trees and plates and plates full of pumpkin baked goods. Yum. Yum. Yum.


I do love pumpkin goodies from the kitchen. I like pumpkin biscotti, pumpkin bars, and pumpkin coffee cake. And I also love ... Pumpkin Date Cookies! I think, perhaps, it is my very favorite cookie for the fall.

To help you kick off the coming seasons of over-indulgence and general gluttony, here's the said cookie recipe to try yourself!

• Pumpkin Date Cookies •

Cream:
1.5 sticks butter
1 c. brown sugar
.5 c. sugar

Add:
1 egg
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 t. vanilla
2 t. pumpkin pie spice (nutmeg and cinnamon work fine)

Blend in:
.5 t. baking soda
.25 t. salt
2.5 c. flour

Mix well and add:
1 c. chopped dates*
*You could use raisins if you don't like dates. But you would be crazy. 'Cause dates are awesome and turn all caramelly fantastic. I'm just sayin.

Bake at 300 degrees for about 22-24 minutes (or 20 mins. on a 300 degree convection). It's a slow bake, but worth the wait.

What treats do you love in fall? Do share!

5 comments:

  1. Oh. Yum!! I can't eat wheat, but I'm going to try this recipe with gluten-free flour and see how it turns out...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Pretty photo. Pumpkin bread over here today. Aren't you glad canned pumpkin is on the shelves again?? I have missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look amazing!! can't wait to make them! i love this pumpkin bread: http://tulipsandflightsuits.squarespace.com/tulips-flight-suits/2010/9/14/pumpkin-bread.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm...that looks fluffy and so delectable. i love chai spices, and find that they complement pumpkin cheesecake quite perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love pumpkin cheesecake (and usually I'm not one for "flavored" cheesecake, but pumpkin cheesecake just... works). This season I want to try your pumpkin coffee cake.

    ReplyDelete