Pages

04 February 2010

Jackpot!

Oh my heavens, could you imagine the state of zipper nirvana I entered when I came upon more than 60 vintage zippers at the thrift store? I was greedily snatching them off the shelves as though there were hoards of manic seamstresses behind me, just waiting to pounce.

Color names like Flamingo, Mystic Blue, Poppy, Cloister Brown, Peacock, and Barberry Red. Not to mention the technology represented! Flex-Coils, Boiltex Tapes, and even the ability to Magically Self-Heal.

Sigh. The simple joys always get me.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did find them? Goodwill? Value Village? So drooling over here. Guess I better clean up the computer keyboard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's wonderful! I was just out at the thrift store shopping for sewing supplies and came up short... glad to see that someone else had more luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Lou,

    Value Village, actually! I've been looking specifically for vintage zippers for more than a year now, but never find more than a few at a time.

    So sorry to cause the drooling... :)
    -a

    ReplyDelete
  5. "hoards of manic seamstresses"...that made me laugh SO hard!!!

    Glad you found some treasures- always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Anna, you find the greatest stuff at thrift stores! I enjoy reading about your finds and wish I had a Value Village around here - although our Goodwill is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't decide which I like better, your colorful photos or the actual color names! What a treasure trove. Hmmm, methinks there are many zippy pouches in your near future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hitting the jackpot also! What a wonderful treat. Have fun with your zips.
    blessings~
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! Fun find! And you can make some pretty cute accessories with those too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. check here

    ReplyDelete