Pages

14 October 2011

In My Slippered Dreams

I've never been good at picking slippers out. Or maybe I'm just plain picky. I want a rubber sole so I can go outside and get the mail and I don't want fuzzy fluff because it gets matted down and dirty. I want slip-on slip-off and I don't want Pops to call them my 'clod-hoppers'. They must be stain-resistant because I will undoubtedly spill some dinner on them. And in my slippered-dreams, they would be something cute enough that I can wear with regular clothes during the day and not feel like a frumpy-schlump when I open the door for the FedEx guy or hop in the van for the carpool rounds. I told you. I'm a high-maintenance slipper girl.

But then I found these. The good ol' fashioned Minnetonka moccasins. They meet all my criteria and they are crazy comfy to boot.

Dreams can come true.

**PS-They run a half-size large!

4 comments:

  1. hahah - I recognize this pickiness! Mine too!

    I have felt ones with a sole right now - but I still think they're not quite my style. I usually kick them off and answer the door in my socks (!). I have an idea for doing some funky embroidery on them . . . or maybe I'll just get moccasins. Yours are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Minnetonka's in high school. Love, love, love. So comfy, perfect for casual kicking around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know now what to put on my Christmas list. I've been looking for the right pair for a long time and have made all kinds of compromises. That will stop with these beauties. They are that perfect blend of homey and effortless cool. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these. i just finally found the perfect house shoes: sperrys

    ReplyDelete