Pages

15 May 2015

Portofino, Making Memories ... and a little Reflexology

Oh, Portofino, you are a beautiful place. So many colors, so lush and green. I am so happy I took some photos of you.


And Jane is too.



What a treat to have Pops' parents with us. A perfect way to celebrate his Dad's recent retirement and soak up some sunny family love together. A blessing.



It has been fun to look over our Liguria photos and remember the adventures we had. And how special that we had my dear in-laws to experience it with, as well. I love new experiences. For the thrill, yes. But also for the memories that I get to hold dear for the rest of my life. And memories shared with the people I love most! Best thing ever.

Speaking of best things ever ... my Mama is here with us. She has been loving on all of us and has even taken up reflexology after a crash-course session with YouTube. It's been five weeks of my daily migraine challenges and after several days of her magic fingers, I am feeling better than I have in so long. Still have some sorting out to do, but the glimmer of improvement is so encouraging. Anyone else have experience with reflexology? I'm rather shocked at what it seems to be doing for me.

We have just a week more with her here and I am thankful for every minute. Tomorrow we have teatime with a darling neighbor and Sunday ... we hope for a drive to Giverny to see Monet's gardens. Oh my. Fun new memories to be had.

ps- See the awning on the far right? Best lunch ever. For sure remembering that place for a looong time.

7 comments:

  1. Say, you are pretty close to Italy now, aren't you? Wow.
    Reflexology is so interesting to me. It's amazing how God made the nerve system in this way. I'm glad you're improving - is it your feet that your mother is working on? Hopefully it's something you can continue yourself when she goes home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how He designed the body! Reflexology seems so bizarre ... but it kind of makes sense, as well!

      Delete
  2. I had to look up reflexology, but my husband taught me to do something like this for headaches (I don't have migraines). There is a pressure point between the thumb and pointer finger and when pressed in the right way it makes my headache go away. I hope the technique helps you. What beautiful adventures you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look up reflexology, but my husband taught me to do something like this for headaches (I don't have migraines). There is a pressure point between the thumb and pointer finger and when pressed in the right way it makes my headache go away. I hope the technique helps you. What beautiful adventures you are having!

    ReplyDelete