Pages

06 May 2015

Village Medical Adventures, Continued

As a follow-up to yesterday's post, I found the elusive hole-in-the-wall for which I was to have my blood taken. Indeed, it was not the red door but a bit further down on the left. There was a teensy, tiny waiting room and then a small office adjoining that hosted the lovely blood-lady and her kit, open from 8:30-9:00am.

She was very kind and lied to me in the nicest possible way (she told me I was speaking very good French). She told me about some family of hers that lives in Kentucky and how they were recently here as part of a singing-group. And when we were finished and I moved to pay her, she told me, with a twinkle in her eye, "Non. C'est mercredi et pour vous, il est gratuit."

She told me that it was Wednesday and for me ... it was free. Free? Free medical blood-draw because you feel like being kind and generous? I was astonished. Can you imagine this even as a possibility in the States??

ps - Afterwards, I went back to the doctor to stalk him with a letter I typed up in French to convince him I truly needed help. I got a little bit of a lecture about arriving without an appointment ... but I left with a prescription. For a girl who avoids medicine like it's a job, I was thrilled to snatch that prescription. Here's to hoping it works.

pps - My Mama gets here on Friday. Can't wait.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. That is awesome! So amazing how the Lord is providing for you!! We are so glad that He continues to provide in such amazing, encouraging ways!
    Love,
    The Crows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled that you got the blood work for free! And the prescription :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they get to the bottom of everything soon and you feel all better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!!! I'm so proud of you. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What did your lab work show? Anything that was surprising? Did your medications help? I hope your mom arrived safe and I also pray you feel better and enjoy your time with her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No news yet, but Mama is here and I am so thankful for your prayers. Hugs!!

      Delete