Pages

21 February 2011

What I Wore

I always enjoy "What I Wore" posts on other blogs. Especially when they are moms and aren't actually at the playground in stilettos. After all, don't we all just wish for a happy medium somewhere between frumpy and glam? Wearing outfits that are doable, affordable, and washing-machine friendly? I love me a good inspiration photo. (Plus, they'll be great for a giggle in a decade or two!)

So. Here's my picture. It's my current momiform (mom + uniform = a good thing). Long, tunic-y top (gotta' cover the bum!), cardigan, skinny pants tucked into boots or with flats. Add a long necklace and bracelet if you have it. Ta-da! My momiform. I'm not saying I'm a style mavin, by any means, but it works for me.

I must take a moment here, however, to point out that I'm not good at posing for pictures. I seem to have an aversion to actually looking at the camera and I don't know how to stand. For instance, when wearing a horizontally striped shirt, perhaps not jutting out the pelvis so you look six months pregnant or like you just ate 3 hoagies would be a good idea. An observation I'm just now making.

Now then. What's your go-to outfit? Any tips for posing for photos?

Top: LOFT
Cardigan: old purchase from TJ Maxx
Jeans: ???
Boots: Thrifted
Necklace: F21