Pages

06 February 2009

Mulberry Wool Handbag

I found this cotton 'linen' (I tried to convince myself it was linen, but I think it's just a nice cotton) and plaid wool yardage at the thrift store the other day. I think I need to convince myself to always buy thrifted yardage if it is at all cute and a decent price. It's so interesting how the fabric acquires a life of 'becoming.' I really enjoy the process.

I made a couple of reversible bags (I do love bags!) and placed a deconstructed flower in the upper corner. I'm really happy with it. I'm picturing the bag holding a wallet, book, and maybe a moleskine journal and pencil. Perfect for a morning at the corner coffee shop.

This project had better tide me over for awhile, as my cranky machine is acting up again. Darn bobbin tension!

1 comment:

  1. Anna--I'm so glad you visited my blog. I felt this immediate kinship with your upon entering your blog...and seeing how much we have in common. What a lovely site--I look forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete