Pages

09 February 2009

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


There is something to "comfort food." This is a sure-fire recipe for that happy, cozy feeling I like to bake up from time to time.

Cream:
1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. br. sugar

Add:
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla

Then mix in:
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
2 c. flour (I use white whole wheat or half ww/half regular)
2.5 c. oats, ground almost to powder
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

*These freeze really well. Pop a frozen cookie in the toaster oven and it's mmm, mmm good!

2 comments:

  1. I hate to back cookies...but really, a good cookie is rather comforting...wanna send some over?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I've spent a while looking and looking through your blog. What a gem! Recipes. Crafty-ness. Thoughts on mothering. Wow! I'm bookmarking you right now!

    ReplyDelete