Pages

18 February 2009

Village Needs


I've been fortunate to find myself emailing with Ambrocio, a Honduran national leader in missions. It has been so exciting to communicate and develop a relationship knowing our families will finally meet this summer.

I don't speak any Spanish and his English is limited, but Google Translate has been our saving grace! I take his Spanish message and out pops an English translation. I type in English and I'm given a fresh Spanish version to send. I don't know what we'll do when face-to-face without our internet, but for now we communicate quite effectively.

I've recently learned that the village we are traveling to is in need of dental supplies. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, fluoride rinse. But also an electric sterilizer for dental instruments and even a "portable patient chair" is needed. The first part of the list seems doable, the last couple items ... well, I'm anxious to see how God provides. Who knows how to get a dental chair down to Honduras, much less how to acquire one cheaply!

Pray with us. Won't it be fun to find out the answer?

4 comments:

  1. Wow... the translator this is awesome, I'm going to have to find someone in Japan, just so I can use the translator. I will keep my ears open for dental stuff, I have 2 friends that are dentists so I will mention it to them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so wishing I could go to Honduras with you! Our family has not been overseas in over 3 years! My hubby is a fluent Spanish speaker, and I am fluent in Mandarin--who know where the Lord may take us someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you in pray for the items need. It will be amazing to see how the Lord provides. Thanks for visiting my blog.
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi-- i have been to honduras on a dental mission trip, and the equipment we used was made by adec, and provided by the rotary club, partnering with adec with the name "rotadent". you might contact adec in newberg oregon for info. God bless you as you go! sara holmes

    ReplyDelete