Pages

10 June 2010

Down-To-Earth Vintage

Last weekend, I managed time to sneak into a country "antique" store for about 45 minutes of vintage bliss. To me, "antiquing" often seems fancy and way out of my price range. But this little wine-country establishment is near perfection. Not too ritzy or spendy, more like fancy thrifting. Fun!

As I walked up the stairs and began eying the goody-laden porch, I immediately spotted a vintage wire basket all marvelous in it's salmony-pinkness. It didn't take much deliberation 'til I knew she was coming home with me.

She's large and sturdy and handles the girls bedroom books like a pro. Her form is stout enough to not budge as they flip through their books and I love how easy it is to see all of the titles at once.

I'm rather smitten with our new friend. She's practical, yet refined ... and not at all stuffy or pretentious. Just my style.

4 comments:

  1. I loooove this basket. L.O.V.E.
    Where did you sneak off to? Nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Color turns something ordinary into something extraordinary! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it, love it! What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete