Pages

21 June 2010

Pot-Bellied Smiles

This past weekend we were able to fill our time with a piano recital (well done, Lucette!), a visit from my folks, and a restful father's day with the beloved man of the house. Very nice.

We also tackled some home projects. Frustrated with the infernal charging cords that always seem to be mocking us, Pops turned a shallow desk drawer into a charging station and then even managed to squeeze the printer up into an overhead cabinet to open up more workspace on the desk itself.

Now that it's done, I'm thrilled. But I confess to a few nerves when I heard the project would require boring holes through the wall into the hall closet to thread the cords and cables and get them out of sight. We're almost done with updating the space, and I'm quite excited. I love small projects that yield big!

And speaking of which, I'm in love with the little bit of happiness that is now hanging outside the front door. After dropping my parents off at the airport, I spent a glorious couple hours perusing IKEA all on my very own. One of the items I walked away with is this adorable pot-bellied container now filled with an electric-red geranium and some chartreuse-y "creeping jenny." Every time I catch a glimpse of it out the front window, I find myself with a smile on my face.

What little projects inspire you and make you happy?

3 comments:

  1. I love this! And so funny, I am planning an IKEA run soon, too- need those boxes for school stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw your pot-bellied planter I thought, "Ikea!" Yes, it's very happy, especially with the red.

    We're all about concealing cords and computer implements and such... all of our unsightly but necessary stuff like that resides in a cabinet in the laundry room. Yes, boring holes was required, but SO worth it!

    Projects that made me happy today... nothing as exciting as yours but I cleaned both bathroom and mopped the kitchen. Considering there is an infant in the house accomplishing those things felt REALLY good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love you new addition to the front yard! It's so summery. And I envy your chance to wander IKEA by yourself.

    ReplyDelete