Pages

02 June 2010

The Foodie in Me

Normally, grocery shopping is a get-in-get-out sort of experience for me. But stick me in a Trader Joe's? A Foodie nirvana! How they can have such fantastic selection at such reasonable prices, I'll never know.

Today, Jane and I set out to augment our cupboards. All the extras that the regular grocery either doesn't have or charges too much for are easily found at our beloved TJ's. Cereal was on the list, for sure. Various grains, cold cuts and cheese ... oh, cheese. Today? White Stilton w/ Apricots. Add some pears, crusty bread and a little prosciutto and I'll be in a good mood for hours.

Plus, my kids love it here. There are always free samples in the back, little grocery carts to push, and if you spy the stuffed toad or gorilla amongst all the goods? Tell your check-out clerk and you get a prize from the treasure box. What's more, today when Jane announced to "the guy" that the monkey was hiding on top of the tortilla chips, he let her ring the big brass bell as hard as she could and yell, "monkey, monkey, monkey!!!" at the top of her lungs.

Could this place get any better? While I'm reflecting on my grocery love ... I think I'll go make lunch.

6 comments:

  1. Do I see a container of Greek yogurt in this photo? TJ's yogurt is amazing! Oh how I wish the closest store to us wasn't two and a half hours away :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that canned marinara sauce.

    When we lived in Canada we would drive 3 hours, across the border, to a town in Michigan for Target + Trader Joe's! I will never take it for granted again!!! It's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm there, pretty much weekly. Love it! Yes, their yogurt is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I long for the day when I get to cross the threshold of a Trader Joes...until then, we get T's cousins to bring us the "Three buck chuck" by the case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a lot of things I miss from our days in Ohio... TJ's is at the top of the list! You've given my TJ's envy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love Trader Joe's but alas we don't have them in our neck of the woods. :( Kelly

    ReplyDelete