Pages

26 June 2009

Little Zippered Fun

I'm so excited about this little zipper pouch, I can hardly stand it.

When I found these coordinating fabrics at the thrift shop, I knew I had to do something fun with it. The selvedge on the floral suggests the piece to be from the 60's and I adore it. That same day, I also found a bundled stash of vintage zippers for a dollar! I think this apple green zipper is a delicious match.

I have plans for this sweetie to come with me on our Central American voyage in a few weeks. Chapstick, ear plugs, sunscreen, nail clippers, toothbrush/paste ... and (sheepish grin) mascara. Perfect little carry-on pouch.

I have a feeling I'll be making more of these. Maybe with the inside lined in oilcloth or an iron-on vinyl? Goodness, I just love pretty, practical things.

7 comments:

  1. What a great deal and so pretty! So envious of the cool fabric along with the trip you will be taking. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so fantastic!! Very cute little carrying tote for your MASCARA! What? Why do you need mascara in Honduras? You are a funny little lady, the simple things in life make you so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giggle, giggle.

    Well, I told you I was sheepish about it...but I'm still bringing it! :) Seriously. Chapstick, sunscreen, mascara--that's a full arsenal right there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope a few of these end up in your etsy! That fabric is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy, love the fabric! Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, LOVE it! I'm green with envy over your thrifty sewing notion, but, oh, you've "done them up" beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors - so cute!

    ReplyDelete