Pages

04 June 2009

Making Sense

Thanks for being so patient at the dermatologist's office today, Peter.
Sure, Mom.
I had to get two more moles removed today.
Oh. Did it hurt?
Yeah, a little. But not too bad.
So ... do moles cause cancer.
Well, they can.
Is that how you got skin cancer? From a mole?
Yes.
I'm surprised. I didn't think you were around them that much.
Huh?
The moles. You're not around them a lot, are you?
---
Side Note: We have been battling rouge moles in our backyard. They drive me crazy tunneling under my plants, and I'm often muttering about them.
---
Ohhhhhh! Did you think I got skin cancer from a mole ... the animal? The brown dots on your skin are also called moles. The animal doesn't have anything to do with it.
Hmmm. Well, that makes much more sense.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA!!! I love it!! Anna, stop playing with moles and you'll be fine!! Give your kids a hug from me and tell them they all delight my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuckling.

    You poor dear having to be sliced and diced... dermatologists are good at that. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete