Pages

29 April 2009

Dogwood Cuttings


It's amazing how much beauty is free for the taking. Just outside my door and a few snips later, I became possessor of a gloriously large show of salmon-hued dogwood blossoms on green-sprigged branches.

'Tis true, they weren't entirely happy to stay in my (recently thrifted) basket-weave, milk glass vase ($1.99). They kept trying to escape, popping over the edge like one of my children from a too-hot bath. A quick dash to the garage, I returned, armed with a zip-tie from Pops' bountiful stash. I hog-tied those branches in a most unceremonious way and they have yet to reoffend.

Don't mess with a mama trying to pretty-up the dining table.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful arrangement!

    I love Pink Dogwood trees... I really need to plant some in my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the popping out of bath comparison, isn't that the truth! Great picture and fun post- I laughed out loud reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your description of the dogwood wrangling. It made me giggle out loud!

    Such beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA!! You told them!! You are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a good story teller! Thanks for the happy description.

    Your Dogwood have a much darker pink than I expected. (Must be several different species.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color and light. I would agree, you are a terrific storyteller.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely! makes me a little sad that "prettying up the table" for me most days is just clearing off the dishes from the previous meal and wiping it down! i love your attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete