Pages

09 September 2010

Two New Places to Sit

Some of you eagle-eyes noticed them in the background from yesterday's birthday post, and yes ... the chairs are done. I'm rather pleased with how they turned out, too!

If you'll remember, I scavenged a pair off of Craigslist that were in good condition, but rockin' at bit too much of the seventies mottled, dark wood. So a whole lot of taping off upholstery, a couple of coats of primer and paint, and a not small section of the lawn that is now accidentally dove gray too ...

VoilĂ ! Two "new" side chairs for the living room. I love how it makes our 20 year-old putty colored carpet look kind of on purpose! And don't you like the old-fashioned teal velvet with the punchy orange pillow?

10 comments:

  1. LOVE THEM!!!

    They turned out SOOOOooooo wonderful! You, my friend, are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Can't wait to sit in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those really turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the chairs and I have that same pillow - love the splash of orange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely chairs! They turned out so great! I love those pillows too.
    OH! And what a darling bday party. What a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna, this is soooo Anthropologie. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness they came out beautifully: elegant but fun. The hard work paid off in spades~congrats. The modern-esque pillow on top just makes it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! These turned out great and I love the pillow!!

    ReplyDelete